The Parkdale Hub is a catalyst for how we can work better together to improve our communities. Through working across City departments and with community groups and stakeholders, we are creating a mixed-use housing and community services complex proposal to improve both housing and services available to the residents of Parkdale.
What We’ve Done
- Created a new model for integrated City projects, bringing diverse groups together to solve for a common goal
- Acquired adjacent lands to increase the number of housing units to 173, with 50% being affordable housing.
- Secured a temporary location for the Parkdale Library to ensure it remains open throughout construction
Our Work Ahead
- Continue to bring together all City departments and outside organizations to ensure work is completed on time and with community support
- Replicate the success of this project here in Parkdale-High Park and throughout Toronto. Affordable housing and stronger community services are needed across our city, and this "Made in Parkdale-High Park" solution is an important step to building a better city.